The cost of high-end concrete
Often, people think concrete should be inexpensive since cement itself is not an expensive material...well let's talk about why high-end concrete can be very similar in cost to granite, quartz and other solid surfaces.
When thinking about creating a concrete project, let's not leave out the other materials we use to create it. The typical materials used are concrete mix, forming supplies, texturing and coloring products, sealers, etc, so much more than cement!
As you can see in on our process page, we build our forms based on what your project is, mix up our batch based on what color you've chosen, pour it, let it cure, wash it, grind it, and seal it multiple times. So, labor is a big part of the cost.
Making high-end concrete requires lots of education, practice, patience, skill, craftsmanship and artistry. Each piece is unique and there will never be another one like that, it truly is art!
The benefits of using concrete for your solid surfaces instead of granite, tile, laminate, quartz or synthetic solid surfaces are as follows:
- Again, each piece is its own unique piece of art
- You have unlimited colors to choose from
- You can cast a project in any shape imaginable
- Endless edge details to choose from
- Concrete accepts inlays or embedded objects like glass, shells or pebbles etc.
- Well cared for projects will improve with age, more character can come out
We hope this gives you some insight into the cost of working with Greyrock Concrete. We are happy to answer any of your questions!